Thursday, February 7, 2008

When my Grandpa died, my sister was inspired to write this beautiful poem in his memory. I have always thought of my sister as a creative woman, and she inspires me so much, but I haven't read much poetry of hers. I am so impressed. Just another of the million things I love about her!


"The Fisherman"
by: Janel Graham

A man sitting in his boat
Fishing pole in hand
Sunlight on the water
A flash, a splash
The remaining ripple of where a fish just jumped.
A deer on the shore
A heron flies over
A beer in his hand
His wife smiles across the way
Grandkids squealing with excitement
A bobber disappears
“A quarter for the first, the biggest and the most,” he’d say.
A full boat
A full basket of fish
A full heart
A full life.

A man sitting in his boat
Fishing pole in hand
A stranger on the shore beckons to the man.
“Drop your net and follow me.”
“How do I follow you?” asks the man.
The stranger replies. “Believe.”
Out of his boat steps the man
and takes the strangers hand.

1 comment:

Grandma B said...

Very, very beautiful Holly. What a keepsake. Hope Violet is feeling better and Lydia keeps well. Love...Grandma B