Thursday, February 21, 2008

I Feel The Earth Move Under My Feet....


This morning there was an earthquake in Northeastern Nevada, that was felt here in Cache Valley! It was a 6.0! I guess it was felt from Northern Idaho all the way to Southern California. One building collapsed in Nevada, but other than that, there were just some cracked walls and pictures that fell off the walls.
When Ryan's friends told him about it when he went to school, they said that it woke them up. I was awake laying in bed at the time it happened and I didn't fell anything. I kind of wish that I did so I'd have some sort of story about my first earthquake experience.
My sister studied the fault line in Cache Valley when she was in college, and she said that it is always active. So, I guess I have been through many earthquakes, I just can't feel them. Next time I feel a little unstable or off balance, I'm blaming it on the active fault line!

3 comments:

Grandma B said...

Cute picture...we didn't feel the quake here...but then, we may have been asleep.

Tegan said...

O my gosh Holly I totally fell it and it freaked me out. We are only 90 miles from Wells, NV where it happened. Peyton slept right through it and it scared me to death. I have been in many quakes and I HATE them.

The Graham Family said...

Did you get the web address I sent you for the USGS site?