Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Violet and Lydia News



Lydia and Violet are growing up so fast! They are so much fun to have around. I must say that at the times when I have thought that I am limited to what I can do having kids, I have to be reminded that life was a lot less entertaining without them! This morning I was in a hurry to get out of the house to run errands and get Lydia to her Violin lesson. Lydia had changed her outfit a couple times by now (after all, it was already 10am!). I was trying to finish doing my hair and makeup when Violet woke up from her nap. As I was thinking, "I guess it's going to be another "no mascara and a pony tail" day, Lydia went into Violet's room and started to play with her. Yay Lydia! They were in there for about 10 minutes laughing and playing while I got ready. I then walked into Violet's room to see her standing in her crib stripped down to her diaper surrounded by about 50 toys and laughing and squealing! Lydia digging through Violet's drawers trying to find some pants for her to wear. What a scene! I just had to laugh! Life with children can be very tiring sometimes, but moments like this make it so fun! I thank God so much for my sweeties!

Lydia still loves to tell jokes. If you know any good (clean) ones, let me know! She is also doing very well at reading. She is reading "Dick and Jane" pretty good and we are working on "Green Eggs And Ham". We have been learning subtraction and addition playing a dice game in the morning as we eat breakfast the past week. For subtraction, we each roll the dice and I ask her what the bigger number is. We then hold up that many fingers, and she takes away the other number by folding that many fingers down and then we see what's left. Yesterday, I wrote the problem out on paper so she could see the 6-4=2 (or whatever). Today, I wrote the problems out on paper with a black marker, and put computer paper over it and she traced the problems. She's having a lot of fun and always want to play when we sit at the table!

Violet has her mealtime games as well. I have two sets of Baby Einstein flash cards from when Lydia was little and we hold them up and say what they are and what they do. "Cow says Moo" etc. She loves it, although after a while she likes to just grab them and see what happens when she drops them on the floor. Her favorite is the horse. She'll click her tongue like the sound of horse hooves. She is learning new "tricks" all the time. She's trying to say "Uh,oh" but doesn't have it down quite yet. Every time she drops something, she looks down and says,"Uh, uh!"


2 comments:

Tegan said...

O I miss your girls so so much. By the next time I see them they will be so much bigger. We miss you all so much!

dayna said...

Oh so cute and fun to read and catch up. What a great idea with the dice game. Your girls are so beautiful and you are an amazing mom. Can't wait to be with you all again!