Saturday, June 2, 2007

A Fashionable Croc?


So, I have to say, that although Crocs are very functional, I have never thought of them as fashionable. Lydia got her first pair when she was 2 and, of course like any kid who gets a pair, wore them almost every day (even though she had about 10 other pairs of shoes to choose from). I loved the fact that I could just quick wash then in the kitchen sink if I thought they needed it. She has now worn her second pair pretty thin and it's time to get a new pair. I have come to realize that Crocs are not just a fad, but a "must have" in children's shoes. I have to admit that I am really into shoe buying for Lydia. Usually I spend a lot of time researching to find the best shoe for her super wide, flat, boxy feet. Occasionally I'm spontaneous if we happen to see the perfect pair when we are shopping. A priority in the shoe searching is fashion. With Crocs, I have pretty much just given up on the fashion part and when for function. I mean, her feet are already huge, and Crocs make them look event bigger and wider! BUT- I have found her a pair which I just ordered that are actually cute! They are a pearly pink Mary Jane. She can even wear them with a dress! Nordstrom's is releasing a blue floral pair next month that Lydia wanted, (I liked them better too) but she really needs them now, so it was easy to convince her to get the pink pair when I told her that the color was called "cotton candy". She was sold!

2 comments:

The Graham Family said...

I want to see a picture of the crocs. They sound cute! I have been wanting to get some for Ella, but her feet are so narrow, it is really hard to fit her. I had her try on some at Easter, but they were either too short lengthwise or just way too wide. :)

dayna said...

Love these! I have never thought of Crocs as fashionable either. There are even some adult versions now--more sandals than clogs--that look enticing. Lydia will look so cute in the pink ones!