Thursday, June 19, 2008

We got it!

We finally got the warm weather we've been waiting for and we're loving it!


Lydia started summer school at the lab preschool at the university this week. It runs for 8 weeks. Then she'll be in art camp for two weeks, and swimming lessons in August. In September she will be starting kindergarten, and I am thinking about starting her in the youth conservatory piano program at USU. There is just so much out there for kids to do once they turn 5! I'm having a hard time deciding what to put her in. If it were up to her, she would be in the ones I mentioned, plus gymnastics, soccer, guitar lessons, and horse back riding lessons!

Violet will be turning 2 next month. I can't believe it. I had a tear jerking moment with her tonight. I was holding her on the rocking chair in her room and reading to her like we do every night before bed. She squirmed off my lap and said "Sit" as she wedged herself beside me on the chair. It was one of those moments of "I'm getting too big for you to hold me". I had to let a tear fall for that one!
She is quite the performer as anyone who saw her at Summerfest can attest too! She stole the show during Ryan's band performances on Friday and Saturday. She had some pretty funky dance moves, and she made sure that everyone saw her! Yesterday, while I was hanging my show at the Thatcher Mansion, a photographer from the newspaper came to take pictures for my article in Friday's paper. Once again, Violet went right in front of the camera and did everything she could to impress the photographer. Violet got her way- she'll be in the paper now too!

2 comments:

Grandma B said...

You are right, Violet did steal the show at Summer Fest. The thing that really impressed me about Lydia is how carefully she chose her purchase with her money. Both of your girls are so cute, but each are different in their own ways. Isn't it nice we aren't all the same.

The pics in the pool are fun..and cool looking..LOL

dayna said...

SO cute! Congrats Congrats on your show! you are amazing! be grateful there is so much available for lydia to do there in logan---it is not like that here in CO. weird!