Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My Deva Haircut









I used to have pretty curly hair. Tight waves and spirals easily formed. Then I began highlighting and straightening my hair with a straightening iron, and using products to smooth my hair, all of which were really killing my curls. My goal is to get my curlies back!
On Saturday, I got my first Deva haircut. This is a special haircut specifically for curly hair given by a stylist who has been trained in the art of the Deva cut:). It was the most educational haircut I've ever gotten.
She cut my hair dry, then washed it, clipped and twisted the top (very quickly and simply) and blow dried with a diffuser. Then after seeing how my hair would lay, she began to cut little snips out here and there at different lengths to accentuate my curls.
I really like it. It takes way less time for me to do, and I don't have to use any hairspray to set my hair in a certain way. Plus, the information I learned about how to take care of my hair was the most beneficial. Our curls are so delicate! Hopefully mine will be returning soon.

2 comments:

Grandma B said...

You are absolutely gorgeous !!! Your hair cut looks wonderful Holly....where did you have your hair cut? You are a DIVA !!! LOL

The Graham Family said...

I love it. It looks like what I have been wanting for my hair. It is funny. I have tried describing to my stylist. Anyway, love it. :)