Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Thank you Jesus

So I turned on the TV tonight and the show "The Power Of Ten" was on. I've never seen it before. If you haven't seen it, it has Drew Carey as the host and people are asked what percentage of Americans answered a certain question in what way. One of the questions was "What percentage of Americans, if they were accepting an award would thank Jesus in their acceptance speech?"
First, I wondered what percentage of Americans were Christian. I thought of many Christian religions, and therefore, my guess was about 40%. Then I thought, out of that 40%, I bet only half of them would actually thank Jesus.
Boy was I wrong! The answer was-
62% of Americans would thank Jesus in an acceptance speech.
That's actually pretty cool! I'm not sure where they get their answers for this show, or how many people actually answer the questions for them, but it is pretty cool to think that over half of the people in this country would give thanks to Jesus for their accomplishments.

1 comment: