Thursday, January 31, 2008

Grandpa Jones

Last Monday, on my Mom's 60th birthday, my Grandpa Jones (her dad) passed away. On Tuesday, me and the girls hopped on a plane to Milwaukee and spent the following days in Dubuque for his funeral and wake. Although the circumstances were very sad, we had a wonderful time. All of my cousins on the Jones side were there except one. I realized while I was there how close my family really is. That in a time like this, we all do whatever it takes to be there for each other. There were lots of tears, but also lots of laughter and memories. The wake and the funeral were the most beautiful services I have ever been to. I'm sure Grandpa would be pleased. He will be greatly missed and REMEMBERED!
Here are some pictures I took of some of my Mom's pictures of my grandpa...

Make a PhotoShow Full Size

2 comments:

Grandma B said...

Holly, how truly wonderful to have so many memories of your grandfather. You know how I treasure my pictures. Over the years, you will find they will bring you so much joy and comfort. Love...Grandma Biggs

Tegan said...

I am so sorry about your grandpa. I am glad you got to be there with your family for his service. Hold on to the wonderful memories you have of him!!