Monday, January 14, 2008

Sweet Lydia


When our children are newborn, we shower them with love, expecting nothing in return. When they are babies, they want us to hold them, because it feels so good. As toddlers, they start to hug us on their own accord, which is heaven! Then, they get older, and start doing sweet little things for us like writing love letters and drawing sweet pictures for us to show us that we are loved in return. I love it. I get the feeling that all the ups and downs have paid off and I really am a great mom when things like that happen.
Lydia drew this picture of me and her yesterday. She worked so hard on it. I love her forms of affection. They are so innocent and real.

4 comments:

SpinKick said...

AND writing distress notes. That was too funny.

dayna said...

how sweet!

Grandma B said...

Lydia certainly has an imagination which will serve her well throughout her life. I absolutely love the pictures...and notice, I am answering on your blog. Who say "you can't teach old dogs new tricks" !!! If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

The Graham Family said...

Cute. I like how she tried to spell Dear. Ella draws me the same unicorn pegasus with Ella and Mommy written on the page every day at school. It is so cute.:)