Thursday, August 9, 2007

OUCH!



(Sorry about the font size, I keep trying to go in and change it...)

Lydia had her first BIG boo-boo on Friday night. We told Lydia that we were going to go our for ice cream and she got so excited that she started running across the dining room and she tripped and fell right into the door frame to the kitchen. Blood immediatley started pouring from her head, in which case I freaked out. I thought that if she didn't get immediate medical attention, she could get brain damage or something. Ryan was very calm and calmed Lydia down right away while I was determined to get her to the hospital, I packed Violet in the car and was ready to go in about 30 seconds. Ryan convinced me that we needed to stop the bleeding and assess the situation while remaining calm. That was hard for me to do! I had already assessed the situation when I saw the blood! We took her to the emergency room and she had to have 3 staples in her head. The cut was all the way to her skull, but she showed no signs of trauma (thank God!). She was so brave and didn't even cry at the hospital. She just played games on my cell phone the whole time. Oh, and afterwards, we had ice cream!

2 comments:

dayna said...

Holy cow! I would have probably freaked out, too! Ryan is such a great, calm guy. Sounds like he made a horrible situation the best it could be. Those staples make my stomach queasy just thinking about them! I am so glad she is okay!

The Graham Family said...

Ouch! Lydia you are so brave and tough! I love you and wish I was there to give you hugs!