Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Grandmother Willow


In the movie "Pocahontas", Pocahontas confides in and seeks direction form a wise old Willow tree who comes to life to give guidance to her and John Smith.

As you may know, we have a wonderful willow tree in our yard. Unfortunately, the tree is starting to decay and it is very close to our house, so we have to get it removed. A couple weeks ago, we put a rope swing on one of the branches and it has been hours of fun for the whole family. Honestly, I love this tree and I hate to see it go. It breaks my heart. It gives us such great shade. We have had a few cool picnic lunches under it's canopy. It is also buzzing with life- squirrels, woodpeckers, and TONS of other birds and insects call this tree their home , at least for a little while. We do plan on planting a few trees, but none can really replace "Grandmother Willow".


4 comments:

Tegan said...

How sad.....it looks like fun!! I want a big tree in my backyard to tie a rope to so Peyton can swing. My brother has one at his house and Peyton' loves it!!

anita lindgreen said...

hi holly sorry 2 hear you have 2 cut down your tree thanks 4 cheaking out my my blog see ya bye

dayna said...

what beautiful pics!

The Graham Family said...

Well, IF we have another baby girl some day, I guess we could name her Willow in honor of your willow. :)