Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Be Careful When You Choke!


(O.K., this guy looks like he's enjoying giving the heimlich maneuver a little too much!)
We were sitting at the dinner table tonight and Violet was eating some baked apples. She loves to shove as much food as she can possibly squeeze into her mouth before she even thinks about chewing. Of course, Violet started to gag on her food. She's fine, in fact, I think she's actually getting used to dislodging food from her throat. One of these days she'll find that it's much easier to just take smaller bites and chew.
Lydia, who was feeling pretty smart because she knows how to eat properly thought she should give me some advice. I think it came out a little different from what she meant. She said very matter-of-factly
"Mommy, you should be careful when you choke, you could swallow your food."
Ha! Ryan and I couldn't stop laughing! I don't even think she knew why we were laughing. Lydia says cute things like this all the time. I just love her!

1 comment:

Tegan said...

Scary!! Peyton chokes at least once a day. Today she was chocking so I ran into the living room to find my purse all torn apart and to see Peyton chewing and choking on something. After I finally fished it out of her mouth it was about 6 pieces of gum with there wrapper on them!!! I don't know what she was thinking. I love the new look to your blog. It's so cute. Also I wanted to say thanks again for letting us stay with you on Sunday. I had so much fun with you guys on Sunday night. Running to the store at 10 at night and then eating that yummy salsa and chips!!! It's always fun to spend time with you!! Love ya