Monday, October 20, 2008

Sisterly Love...


Today, as we sat down at our dining room table to eat dinner, Lydia reached over and placed her hand over my hand. She looked at me like she had something very important to talk about. I said " What's up, honey?" She gave my hand a little squeeze, and ever so sweetly and very seriously said,

"Mommy, you know how sometimes people say they want to keep Violet?
Maybe we should let them."

Her eyes still looked very sincere, like she was really trying to convince me that it would be okay to let her go.

Quickly I said "You should never say anything like that again," as I ran into the other room to have a good (quiet) laugh!


6 comments:

Tegan said...

O my gosh I can't picture Lydia saying that......poor Violet. Tell Lydia we will take her!!!

Nicole Leavitt said...

Oh my heck that made me bust up laughing and I woke up Chayse sitting next to me! Haha! It reminded me of when I was younger and my little brother was born...my sister turns to my mom and says, " ok can we put nicole back now?" haha!

How can you help but laugh at that haha! Lydia is too cute.

fohtnotes said...

Okay, I'm very guilty! I don't look at my own daughters' blogs and THEY ARE SO CUTE!!! How creative and fun. Stupid me. I should be looking at these on a bad day to make the rest of the day go good!
I laugh every time I think of what Lydia said...so "Lydia."
What a great way for our two girls to keep in touch with each other and their five girls combined.
Good job to both Janel and Holly.
Love ya....Mom

SpinKick said...

Geez Mom, get on the ball!

Don't give Violet away please.

;-)

Grandma B said...

Cute little Lydia...just take comfort in knowing she will outgrow all of this...and Violet will be her "bestest" friend one day. I can remember when I wanted my parents to trade my sister in...and now....look at us.....LOL

dayna said...

oh this is hilarious...so lydia. i just love her. she sees the world so honestly and in a weirdly optimistic way. hopefully she doesn't 'off' violet herself!:)
oh i love those girls! i think all siblings feel that way, especially the oldest. oh i love ya! my mom and dad brought back a christmas present for you from matt. open it before you go to iowa!